Capcom has revealed it’s monumental Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s set as well as dates for worldwide tournaments.
To celebrate the games 25 year anniversary, Capcom have put together an Anniversary Collection like no other.
The set (priced at $149,99) includes the games Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and Street Fighter X Tekken. It also includes:
- Four games from the Street Fighter series spanning multiple eras: Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and Street Fighter x Tekken, including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Exclusive video content: Two-disc Blu-ray including a documentary highlighting the “profound influence the franchise has had on fans – and vice versa – throughout the years. Also included are anime movies for Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV, all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.
- Light-up Ryu Statue: Standing 8” tall, this collectable Ryu statue features the iconic brawler in mid-Shoryuken pose, with flames lit from below.
- 11-Disc Soundtrack: A Collection of Street Fighter game music plucked from the series’ 25 year history, including remixes and fan-created compositions inspired by the games.
- 64-page Hardcover Art Book: Billed as a tribute to Street Fighter game fans from across the globe, this art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu’s belt: A Full-size martial arts black belt created to regulation specs, featuring Ryu’s classic “Fūrinkazan” in kanji.
- Certificate of Authenticity
Capcom also announced tournaments going on worldwide for the games 25th anniversary. They are:
Revealed today, the list below includes the most current dates and locations (subject to change) for the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary global tournament series:
• July 28-29 in Austin, TX
• August 11-12 in the NY area (location pending)
• August 26 in Taipei, Taiwan (location pending)
• Mid-September in the Tokyo Region, Japan (date and location pending)
• September 27-30 in London, England (in conjunction with Eurogamer Expo)
• October 13-14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil (in conjunction with Brazil Game Show)
• October 27-28 in Los Angeles, CA
• October 31 – November 4 in Paris, France (in conjunction with Paris Games Week)
• December 8 Finals in San Francisco, CA
Why should you care? The prize of course!
Adding an extra level of white-knuckled excitement to the competition, the first-place Street Fighter X Tekken player will be crowned champion and be handed the keys to an all-new custom designed Scion FR-S Sports Coupe. Capcom has partnered with Scion, Five Axis and Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA), to create a one-of-a-kind Street Fighter-themed sports car, complete with video entertainment hardware from SCEA and a modified exterior from Five Axis including a custom FIVE:AD aero kit, spoiler, wheels, as well as many more premiere components from leading automotive aftermarket companies.
They may have annoyed gamers everywhere with locked on-disk DLC. But this sure is a way to make up for it!